Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Heavy is the cost.

Well, it looks as if it's official. Obama is our President-elect. I am deeply worried about the next four years. I am looking forward to 2012. Unless this guy just shocks the pants off of me, I cannot see that he will be successful enough to last eight years.

These next four years are going to be trying. I don't have a crystal ball, but I truly feel we are in for a treacherous journey. I think many will come to regret the vote that they cast. Too many people put themselves over their country, whether it was based on identity politics or misguided notions.

We as conservatives need to take this opportunity to draw closer to God, regroup and refocus our political philosophies, and stay involved politically. We cannot be complacent or downtrodden. There will be Congressional elections in just two short years. They will be crucial. We also need to get involved with non-profits. If we can't change policy through political channels, we must change people's hearts at a grassroots level. (I hate the word grassroots, by the way.)

I have so many thoughts on what went wrong this time, but right now it doesn't matter. We have a new President (or will in January), and we will have to live with the ramifications of that. Even if the near future looks dim, there will be better times ahead. I pray America isn't lost in the meantime.

I had hoped to post about my day and to show you some Halloween pictures, however, I think I need to take some time to reflect on what has transpired and to spend some time in prayer.

God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment