Thursday, November 20, 2008

feeling good

I'm really working on trying to be a better parent. And the past few days have really felt progressive. Look at these happy kids:


Aaron took these pictures. Amelie had on her puffy vest and her Supergirl cape. Aiden's happy as usual.


I've been trying really hard with consistent discipline. Not yelling, not repeating myself, following through with a consequence immediately. It's been slow this week, but Amelie seems to be responding just a tiny, tiny bit, and that really encourages me to keep it up.

I also got up early yesterday and today, and it's amazing how a few extra hours in the morning can really change the pace and feel of the day. I've been crossing things off of my to-do list, and that feels awesome!

Last night was one of the best nights in recent memory. Aaron and I took the kids to a drive-in movie to see Madagascar 2. The movie was really cute, and we danced with the kids to the songs. It was so much fun I couldn't stop grinning. That was my first drive-in movie experience, and I can't wait for the next family movie to come out so we can take the kids back.

Tonight I'm going with Meleah to the Twilight premiere. She's pretty excited so I hope the movie doesn't disappoint her.

Well, I'm off to get more things done!

No comments:

Post a Comment